Income Diversification (3:30)
- You must diversify your income.
- You can not have all of your eggs in one basket!
- Take some of that money you’re earning out of your business and invest it in places outside of your own business
- Things could change so quickly, even if you think your job is stable, tomorrow is not promised!
- What could you do to diversify your income?
Give Yourself Grace (4:58)
- I am really hard on myself. When I don’t meet my own expectations, I get down on myself.
- This year I learned to give myself grace.
- Having another baby this past year reminded me to not set such high expectations every dang day. When she wasn’t sleeping, I would be in tears, and I had to remind myself that it’s okay if it’s not perfect.
- Since moving to Senegal, I’ve thought to myself oh my gosh this is crazy… Things aren’t always perfect- my life feels upside down, but I’m learning to give myself grace, and have faith that I will get through any obstacle.
- Where are you being really hard on yourself? Where can you give yourself some grace?
Life is NOW (7:53)
- Life is short. You could always say I’m going to do this later, but 2020 has taught me that you have to do things in the now. Tomorrow isn’t promised…
- Back in 2010 the goal was for my husband and I to go to America, I would get my masters, then we’d move to Senegal. But it didn’t happen that way, and I learned so much since then. But 2020 taught us that if you want to do things in your life, if you want to change your job, make that move, etc. you have to DO IT. It’s not going to be perfect, and it never will be. You have to do the things you want NOW- because life is now.
- “When I’m 85 and I’m looking back on my life, I don’t want to have regrets…I want to think I lived life to the absolute fullest…Life is NOW!”
- Being responsible for the good AND the bad.
- You have way more power and control then you give yourself credit for.
- Where in your life are you not being responsible? Where are you blaming other people?
Expanding Your Plate (10:55)
- 2020 was the year of me learning to expand your plate.
- Having a new baby, virtual school, hiring new people in our business, has taught me that I need to expand my plate.
- I was able to do more than I thought was possible, and have that family life I want.
Asking For Support (12:15)
- 2020 was the first year we ever hired a babysitter!
- Sometimes you have to let go of the control, and ask for support.
- Ask for support for your kids, cleaning, your business, etc. You have to realize, that you are not meant to do things all by yourself.
I Can Do Hard and Scary Things (13:40)
- I can do these hard things, in my business and my life. And I have to consistently put myself in that environment of growth, and doing scary things.
Here in Senegal, I was resisting driving here. It scares me. The traffic is wild! But a couple days ago, I drove for the first time. And I had this realization that I CAN do these hard things. So advice for 2021- what’s that thing that you’re putting off? That is scaring you, that you’re resisting. And then DO IT!