- Angela says that her number one lesson is that you have to pay to play. She says that she wishes she would have invested in herself sooner. Surround yourself with people smarter than you, people who push you, that is how you’re going to grow!
- Human to Human marketing: leading with value first, leading with treating them as a human first. Angela says this is a strategy where you focus on the experience in the interaction someone has with a brand. That is the focus of Human to Human marketing.
- Create value first, touch peoples lives, build networks, be real, stay open, become profitable.
- As you grow, you will be able to outsource the little tasks you started out doing as a solopreneur. As you outsource those tasks, you will have more time for those human to human marketing techniques.
- The 7 Profit Pillars to grow a sustainable, profitable business.
- 1. Create your profit profile (Understanding your ideal client, your products, and your core values).
- 2. Build a profit ready website (A website with clear messaging of who you are and have that call to action).
- 3. Money maker map (Look at how you’re moving people within the ecosystem of products, your content plan, and where you’re focusing your marketing energies).
- 4. Email list building (Build it as a long term asset, don’t just use Facebook or Instagram–that can be lost at any moment).
- 5. Nurture your email list with a sales funnel (What is your top, middle, and bottom funnel).
- 6. Think about building your dream team to start scaling (Think of hiring, what you can outsource, what is your budget, etc.).
- 7. Productivity and profitability (You don’t need to be doing every single task. Understand your numbers so you can make fast and informed decisions for your business).
- Ask for help. A key takeaway is asking for help. You don’t have to do everything on your own. “Transformation happens after a transaction is complete.” People become more accountable when you’re not doing it alone, and when you choose to invest in yourself.
- Don’t hire people just to hire more people. Hire out for tasks that you need those teammates to do! Angela stresses that you always want to be thinking of how you can put yourself in that CEO headspace. Be that “purple cow” in your business. Do things differently and stand out!
- (2:03) A little more about Angela and her story getting started as an entrepreneur.
- (3:44) Some lessons Angela learned from her business Finlee and Me.
- (5:44) Making big investments in yourself–why you need to start today.
- (8:30) Your failure and success is up to you.
- (9:02) Human to Human marketing.
- (11:25) Is Human to Human marketing going to be different depending on the country?
- (13:23) How can Human to Human marketing be used in a traditional sales process?
- (14:41) What Angela is doing in her business to implement Human to Human marketing.
- (19:17) How much time is Angela spending on this marketing technique in her business?
- (22:35) How to use Human to Human marketing in lower ticket items.
- (25:54) The 7 Profit Pillars to grow a sustainable, profitable business.
- (32:40) How Angela has failed in the past, and grown from it.
- (35:46) Angela’s book recommendations!
- (38:41) What does it mean to Angela to make an impact.
- (40:10) Where to connect with Angela.
“When you start to pay to play with people who have already been there and done it, your business will grow exponentially.”
“I love being the dumbest person in the room, because you absolutely absorb everything.”
“Wherever you are uncomfortable, growth happens.”
“Treat people like human beings, not like a transaction.”
“Fail fast, but fire faster.”
“Transformation happens after a transaction is complete.”
“When people pay, they pay attention.”
“Lean into the fear, because growth is on the other side.”
Connect with Angela Henderson:
Books Recommended in the Episode: