- Sometimes the job you always wanted, the job you thought would allow you to be able to change the world, is often times able to evolve beyond the thing thought you wanted. Reimagining your life, Anna says, is so important because it’s all about opening you eyes, realizing where you want to be, and taking steps to get there.
- Ask yourself the hard questions- what job do you want, where do you want to live, what are your dreams? Ask yourself these things and be courageous enough to step away from your bubble! Anna says that when you are able to step away, you gain clarity on the things and life you really want.
- Doing things you’re good at, that you love, where you can make an impact, and something you can monetize is the perfect job for you.
- Be intentional about putting yourself in vulnerable situations. Hang out with people who are different from you to expand your world view.
- Anna talks about the push factors, and the pull factors. Write down the things that are pushing you out of your current state. Maybe that’s your boss, your schedule you hate, your paycheck etc. And then write out the pulls! What is pulling you to want to take the risks to reinvent your life. Focus on that six figure paycheck, freedom to spend your day with your family, being your own boss. All those dreams that fire you up- focus on that!
- Allow yourself to dream!
- Focus on the what and the why, and forget the how for now!! You will figure out the how as you go.
- The 5 Steps to A Sustainable Escape Plan:
- 1. Get really clear on your personal definition of success
- 2. Building your confidence and resilience
- 3. Finding the right business model that works for you
- 4. Build a personal brand
- 5. Work/Life integration
- Anna says that it’s so important to define what success looks like for you specifically. There are so many ways to build a business but you have to make sure the way you build yours has your end goals in mind- whether that be 8 figure business, taking 5 months off a year, working 24/7, spending time with family etc. It’s so important to really find mentors that will support what you want your life to look like, and model your business after those ambitions.
- Anna talks about resilience. It’s not going to happen over night. You need to keep trying to make things work, don’t give up too soon. Keep pushing! If you stick with it, you will be successful! Don’t give up before the miracle happens!
- You need to show up messy!! Have an intention to serve today, and know that it’s never going to be perfect! Give yourself permission to suck in the beginning, but never loose your true authentic self. People buy from people!
- “Everything you ever wanted is one step outside you’re comfort zone!”
- (1:09) A little more about Anna, and how she got started as an entrepreneur.
- (3:08) How Anna made the switch to really start reimagining that success for herself.
- (4:45) What reimagining success means, and how you can start!
- (6:29) How to get clarity about what you want in your life and in your business.
- (7:13) Exercises you can do to step out of your day to day routine.
- (8:33) The power of hanging out with people that are different than you.
- (9:40) How to fire yourself up to start on this new path.
- (11:30) Focus on what is pulling you to reinvent yourself.
- (12:32) Why you don’t need a degree.
- (13:20) The 5 Steps to A Sustainable Escape Plan
- (18:57) Some of the biggest mistakes Anna’s made that has helped her grow.
- (21:11) Some mistakes Anna sees her clients making
- (22:03) Commit to your success! Don’t give up before the miracle happens.
- (27:02) The power of being your authentic self.
- (30:17) The best book Anna has read.
- (31:50) What does it mean to Anna to make an impact?
- (31:50) Where to connect with Anna Lundberg.
“Focus on the what and before the how”
“Figure out what success looks like for you specifically”
“You’ll refine your message, you will get more confident”
“Don’t give up before the miracle happens”
“Give yourself permission to suck in the beginning”
“People buy from people!”
“Everything you ever wanted is one step outside you’re comfort zone!”
Connect with Anna Lundberg:
The Reimagining Success Podcast
Books mentioned int the episode: