- Ashlee says the visuals and words you use are only one piece of the branding puzzle. Of course you want fonts and colors to be recognizable to your business, but she takes it a step further and says that what can really inform the visual branding are the words you use, the messages you share, and the values you’re standing for!
- Ashlee says the values you stand for are what make you stand out! It allows you to attract the people who fit with your business and repel the people that don’t. It’s how you become known for something and truly stand out. Brand messaging is fundamental for all your marketing and operations.
- How can you start creating this value based branding? Ashlee says it’s a process and evolution. The values are what will anchor you. Ask yourself:
- What do you want to be known for?
- How do you want to make people feel?
- What do you want to be associated with?
- What sets your business apart is your voice, values, the community you build, and what you stand for. Remember how important your voice is.
- Ashlee says the best thing you can do to stand out is make your values known. Through your voice, email marketing, social captions, etc., you can show your values and let your audience know what you stand for.
- (1:40) A little more about Ashlee.
- (3:22) What non profit Ashlee worked with in Senegal.
- (4:30) What is value based branding?
- (6:18) How to start creating this value based branding.
- (8:13) How does knowing your core values set you apart?
- (9:30) Example of using your voice to share your values.
- (10:46) Attracting and repelling based on your values.
- (11:50) The power of repelling people who aren’t in line with your values.
- (14:39) Who’s doing value based branding really well?
- (15:58) How Ashlee is using her business to make an impact?
- (17:39) What’s 1 thing to take action on today?
- (19:45) One of Ashlee’s favorite books.
- (21:01) Where to connect with Ashlee.
“The values you stand for are what make you stand out!”
“If you take a stand in any way, you’re going to be attracting some people and repelling others.”
“A lot of times we have a fear of losing out if we take that stand.”
“You don’t want to force yourself into a box to be able to serve everyone.”
“We want that transparency.”
Connect with Ashlee Sang:
LinkedIn: Ashlee Sang
5 Day Mini Intensive: Live Out Your Brand Values http://ashleesang.com/values