Hey hey! Welcome to the blog. One of the questions I get asked most often is: How do I come up with blog content? And do it consistently?
Such a good question! And when I was getting started with my blog, I felt stuck too. What should I write about!? I don’t have anything special to say!
I’ve def been there, so I really want to break down how you can come up with great blog content that adds massive value to your audience.
In this post, I want to share 5 easy ways to come up with binge-worth blog content…and not just any kind of content! The kind that builds a rapport with your audience and leads to sales.
New here? I also have the following blogs to help you crush your Pinterest marketing strategy:
- The Secret to Using Keywords on Pinterest
- Pinterest Marketing Strategy: My Top Pinterest Hacks that Increased my Monthly Reach to 700,000 per Month
- The Ultimate Guide to Repurposing Content on Pinterest
- How to Share Instagram Pictures and Facebook Videos on Pinterest to Explode your Traffic on Social Media
- Pinterest Marketing Strategy: Tailwind Tribes
- The Ultimate Guide to Pinterest
- 6 Reasons Why You Should Use Pinterest for your Business (and How to Get Started)
- How to Create Pinterest Images that Convert: 4 Tips to Create Great Graphics for Pinterest (with Before/After Examples!)
- Exactly How I Earned $49,000 in 5 Days with my Online Course Launch
- 7 Essential Reasons Why You Need a Website (Even if Facebook is Free)
And of course, you should def register for my free masterclass where I’ll share my top secret strategies to getting new leads and sales on autopilot with Pinterest!
Blog Content Tip #1: Ask your audience
Questions you can ask:
- What are your current goals?
- Why is this important to you?
- What’s holding you back from achieving them?
- What are you struggling with right now?
- What topics would you like to see me cover?
- What do you think you need to learn to move forward in your business?
- What would you love to learn when it comes to (insert topic)
When I was first starting this business, I got on the phone with my ideal clients and asked them how I could help them, where they felt stuck, and what their goals were.
Now I tend to do more Facebook polls, ask in my emails, and IG stories.
As soon as I get their feedback, I copy and paste it into a Trello board (you could use a Google doc or spreadsheet too). This way, whenever I’m feeling stuck for blog content ideas, I can open up my Trello board and voila! Tons of questions my audience has already asked me.
Blog Content Tip #2: Look at Answer the Public
Check out Answer the Public to see what questions people are actually asking when it relates to your topic.
Once you have an idea of what your people are struggling with, you can enter your topic into Answer the Public. This is such a cool website, and it will actually show you what people are searching for related to that topic.
Right away, you can have several questions you can answer when it comes to your topic.
Blog Content Tip #3: BuzzSumo
Another great resource when coming up with great blog content is BuzzSumo.
With Buzzsumo, you can search for your topics and see the most socially shared piece of blog content. This can give you some great ideas of what people in your niche have already written about that given topic. You can link to these sources in your own content to give your posts some credibility.
Personally, I like to use it for inspiration and to get my wheels turning. You can see how the most socially shared pieces of content were written, what made them stand out, and how they covered the content.
This is gold!
I highly suggest you bookmark these two sites so you can come back to them every time you write a new post.
Blog Content Tip #4: Create a Series
Start a blog post series of 3 -5 posts so people anticipate the next post.
This way, you have an entire month’s worth of content written (I suggest you blog once per week). What’s a topic that you know you could break up into several posts?
For example, one of my clients teaches women how to do Intermittent Fasting, so maybe she did a series on Intermittent Fasting, with general topics being:
- What is intermittent fasting and how can it help?
- What are different intermittent fasting schedules to follow?
- What are common mistakes most people make when fasting?
- Intermittent fasting and working out: how to make it work
- What supplements to use when fasting
Brainstorm a topic that you know you can dive into and break up into 3-5 different posts.
Blog Content Tip #5: Massive Brain Dump
Sometimes I just need to brainstorm it allll out so my ideas aren’t stuck in my head. Grab a sheet of paper and answer the following questions to help you brainstorm…
1. What do your clients need to hear?
2. What kind of questions are you asked about most often?
3. What sort of content can you create that is shareable?
4. How can you add massive value to your audience and teach them something? You know stuff!!
Bonus Blog Content Tip: Step AWAY from the computer and go for a walk/workout/have fun!
I get some of my best blog content ideas when I’m moving and off of my computer. Make sure you’re taking some time for yourself each day to be out in nature and unplugged, even if it’s just for 20 minutes. Promise, this works! You can still have your phone with you so you can make voice notes of ideas you have.
I think a lot of times we feel totally stuck because our brains are always consuming other people’s content. It’s truly when you can step back and unplug that the ideas start flowing.
I hope this helps you get your brain ‘unstuck’ so you can come up with more awesome blog content ideas.
Remember: YOU have a voice, you have something special that can add massive value to others. Your content is how you can reach others and make a massive impact.
Take action! I want you to schedule some ‘off the grid’ time so you can get your creative juices flowing, and answer the questions in tip #5.
Comment below with your next 4 blog topics.
“Life is a gift, and it offers us the privilege, opportunity, and responsibility to give something back by becoming more.” Tony Robbins
PS. Be sure to join my free online community for female entrepreneurs! Join here.
<a data-pin-do=”embedBoard” data-pin-board-width=”400″ data-pin-scale-height=”240″ data-pin-scale-width=”80″ href=”https://www.pinterest.com/rachelngom/my-blog-posts-female-entrepreneur-tips-social-medi/”></a> <!– –><script async defer src=”//assets.pinterest.com/js/pinit.js”></script>