- You can’t do all the things if you can’t do all of them well. You want to build a team as soon as it is possible for you.
- Valuing your time to figure out what is worth doing yourself, and where it makes sense to delegate to a team member.
- When you have a team around you, it gives you a lot more freedom and flexibility running your business.
- You want to first hire team members who add value in areas where you are not as strong or experienced.
- Be as specific as you can in explaining tasks and expectations for your team members so that you can continue to build your brand and your vision for the company.
- The workload for a customer service team member can also entail social media messaging and approvals, separate from what a social media manager would do with posting scheduled content.
- When hiring a social media manager you want to not only hire someone to just post your content, but you want your social media manager to be able to edit and help put together your actual content as well.
- Hiring someone well versed in the world of Facebook Ads can help you better spend your advertising budget, on maximum results. Social media advertising is always changing and it is beneficial to have someone on staff who knows what they’re doing.
- If you have a team member excelling in one area don’t be afraid to put a little more on their plate and allow them to continue to grow.
- Some tasks may only need to be done once or twice a year and however hiring someone “as needed,” even just once or twice a year will save you time and bring more consistency in the long run.
- Make sure that the people on your team feel appreciated and know the worth of what they are doing.
- In the beginning you are going to have to show your team members the ropes and really support them, formula being I do it you watch, then we do it together, then you do it and I watch.
- (:30) Why you need a team of people skilled in specific areas.
- (1:05) Valuing your time and deciding where to spend it.
- (1:58) Freeing yourself up through team work.
- (3:50) Order of hiring based on what you lack.
- (5:25) Communicating expectations with team members to help further build a brand.
- (6:45) Customer service and what that entails in the age of social media.
- (7:40) Social Media manager, and what it entails.
- (8:30) Advertising and marketing through social media ads.
- (10:05) Work ethic in a team member, and the ability to multitask.
- (12:00) Hiring people on an “as needed” basis.
- (13:02) Make sure that your team members feel valued.
- (14:20) In the beginning of outsourcing you are going to have to be a teacher.
“You can’t do all the things if you can’t do them all well.”
“We didn’t hire all these people over night.”
“I am so so grateful for every single person that helps us.”
“You can either have growth, or have control but you can’t have both.”
“I do it you watch, then we do it together, then you do it and I watch, then you do it and teach someone else.”