- Success can cause you to lose sight of things that are important by taking up all of your time and energy as well as requiring you to put all the money you are making back into the business.
- Thinking about time as a valuable resource similar to money will help ensure that you are spending your time on the right things and thinking of money in a way other than “holding on for dear life” can lead to a less stressful outlook.
- When we’re young we don’t question what is going on in our environment, we receive stories about success and failure and watch and model how we obtain worth from those around us.
- When we don’t have a clear vision of what success looks like it can lead to being overwhelmed, procrastinating, or being perfectionists who are always busy but never actually get anything out there.
- Figuring out what we want is so important, you don’t want to put in all the work and reach the success only to find out that it isn’t really what you wanted. Questions like “What do I really want?”; “How do I really want to spend my time?”; “Who do I really want to impact?”
- A lot of our decision making is subconscious or instinctual and we have to train our brains to believe in what we are doing so deeply that our subconscious is on board as well. It’s not just creating a vision board or saying “I’m going to be a millionaire,” but living knowing that it is true.
- Recognize the words that you are actually saying, not what the industry is saying or what people in the industry are saying. What value do you have to bring with your voice?
- Write down your problems or concerns that are leading you to doubt yourself or doubt what you are doing. Writing down your statement and then looking at it will naturally force your brain to tell yourself why your negativity is a lie.
- It is a lot easier for us to look at the negative instead of the positive. To trick this part of our brain we have to refute our negativity both logically and emotionally. If it is repeated often enough, it becomes a belief.
- When we dig in deep to where our negativity stems from oftentimes multiple things will stem from the same root and when we overcome one it can lead to overcoming others as well.
- When we start to plateau or find ourselves stuck in a certain place we need to once again look at what success means to us. Our outlook has everything to do with what we work hard for and what we are content with as well.
- Even in the midst of success we need to step back and take a look at the impact that we’re making and what is truly important to us. Whether that be family, charity work, and/or growing our business.
- When we clearly define what we want, our brain develops a roadmap to allow us to spend time where we want to prioritize, while at the same time pushing us to achieve within the same time constraints on the work side of things.
- You create your thoughts and your thoughts create the emotions which create the beliefs which ultimately inform your decisions, actions, and results.
- Filter your thoughts through the question, “Does this thought get me to my goal, or take me away?” There are very few neutrals.
- Just because you feel tension doesn’t mean that you need to change your thinking, sometimes we need to lean into resistance to really hear a thought clearly in our minds and see it through.
- (1:30) A little more about Dr. Shannon and what’s gotten her to where she is.
- (3:45) Defining and understanding success as it pertains to you and your goals.
- (6:30) The way that we think about specific things like time and money can change our entire outlook.
- (9:10) Understanding the way that our brains are wired and how to tap into it.
- (12:45) Different mindsets based off our previous experiences both good and bad.
- (14:15) We need to clarify what it is we want, first of all. We need to ask ourselves all the right questions to make sure we are working towards something that will really fulfill us.
- (16:20) Believing what we are saying so deeply that our subconscious thoughts line up accordingly.
- (18:30) 4 Steps to flipping the success switch in your brain.
- (19:00) Recognize (Who do I think I am?).
- (20:22) Record it (Write it down).
- (21:23) Refute stage (Refuting what you think is wrong with what you are doing and figuring out the truth).
- (25:30) Understanding where our self doubt, or negativity comes from and how different problems are connected in our minds.
- (27:40) How to help someone who feels like they have hit their limit or that the next step is just out of reach.
- (30:35) Taking a step back and taking a look at what is going on around us, even if it feels like we’re taking our foot off the gas.
- (34:15) Priming our brain and using the road map in our head to get to exactly what we want.
- (37:20) Realizing that you are the creator of your thoughts and the power that being a thought creator has.
- (38:02) Filtering our thoughts to align our mindset with what we want.
- (40:15) Understanding resistance and learning about what it is teaching us.
“Your brain has to believe it, before you will see it.”
“It’s like flipping a success switch in your brain, once you do that you really become unstoppable.”
“Write it down on paper. When you actually use a pen and a piece of paper, it pulls in 3 different systems and those are all responsible for creating automation.”
“If it is repeated often enough, it becomes a belief.”
“This is that slow down to speed up that most entrepreneurs don’t want to do, we’d rather chase the strategy and the next tactic and the launch and the thing, because it feels like we’re getting somewhere.”
“At the end of the day, if you have a six figure business and you’re not spending time with your child, you have a failing business even though it looks successful.”
“The resistance is where the gold is.”
Sign up for Dr. Shannon’s free training series The Unleashed Entrepreneur: http://rachelngom.com/brain
Connect with Dr. Shannon Irvine:
Podcast: Epic Success