- Jennifer shares that her goal in starting her business was to help women have financial freedom, so they never have to be beholden to anyone.
- Sharing personal parts of your journey is a personal decision. Jennifer shares that it was part of the healing process for her, that created a deep connection. In speaking so openly, she was able to resinate with women before even speaking to one another.
- Competition becomes irrelevant if people connect with you and your story.
- Jennifer talks about how she has been able to connect with so many women because of her openness. She said her clients have hired her because of it, and because people see themselves in her because of that experience, and feel validated even if they aren’t ready to share their story.
- Sometimes waiting for referrals doesn’t allow you to grow at a steady pace. So Jennifer started running Facebook ads. When it wasn’t working how she wanted, she asked herself if she had the right lead magnet. She came to the idea that some people aren’t downloading webinars, and maybe her clients don’t want the DIY process. So she led the ad straight to a landing page to book a call with her. This started to work for her. Ads straight to a landing page, her vision, that leads to the page to book a call! She tapped into a lead generation system that worked for her ideal clients on demand.
- Give yourself permission to think outside the box. Marketing is about testing! Jennifer says to lean into the things that other people don’t do, the things that “aren’t supposed to work” because sometimes that’s how you find the thing that sets you apart.
- Jennifer says she doesn’t like hard sales. Because of this, she has her prices listed right on her landing page. Most people don’t do this, but because of how Jennifer operates and how she doesn’t like to surprise people, she puts prices out for everyone to see. Because of this, only super qualified people end up on calls with her because everything’s out in the open.
- Platform Agnostic: Jennifer says that the results aren’t because they have all the secrets or because they exclusively use Instagram or Facebook, it’s the proper positioning and messaging that’s the most important part of running ads. Right now it’s Instagram and Facebook, but Jennifer is confident that regardless of the platform, you can run successful ads.
- Messaging is the most important part of your ad. The mistakes Jennifer sees people making are that their ads are too vanilla and generic.
- Ask yourself: could the title be for someone else? If so, it’s not specific enough to YOU!
- Lead with what is different about you, your approach and your process.
- You can’t be afraid to repel people. You don’t want someone on your list just because. If you aren’t repelling people, you’ll get a lead for leads sake. You want to bring only the right people in, not just “as many people as possible.”
- Ideas on what you can put on your landing page to repel and attract:
- Talking about God
- Jennifer says that what making an impact means to her is doing for herself and others equally, they both get to co-exist.
- (1:56) A little more about Jennifer and how she got into the Ad Agency business.
- (4:10) Why Jennifer shares her personal story about being in an abusive relationship.
- (6:23) Was it scary for Jennifer to share her personal story?
- (7:37) How Jennifer’s past has allowed other women to open up.
- (9:03) The Facebook ads strategy that is Jennifer’s life.
- (12:19) How Jennifer hit 7 figures this year.
- (15:40) Jennifer’s tips on pricing on her landing page.
- (16:51) You CAN build a $1,000,000 business in 2021.
- (20:14) “Platform Agnostic”
- (23:15) How to perfect your messaging for your ads–do’s and don’ts.
- (26:18) Why you need to be able to repel people!
- (28:55) What you can put on your landing page to repel and attract.
- (32:07) The best book Jennifer has read.
- (33:01) What does it mean to Jennifer to make an impact.
- (33:22) Where you can connect with Jennifer.
“Sharing your story is beyond marketing.”
“Give yourself permission to think outside the box.”
“Marketing is about testing!”
“When you find that gold, lean into it.”
“Be willing to try the things that aren’t supposed to work.”
“It’s just as important to deter the wrong people as it is to attract the right people.”
“You’re not going to be all things to all people.”
“In a crowded news feed, you end up being nothing to nobody.”
Connect with Jennifer: theadgirls.com
Facebook: Jennifer Spivak
Books mentioned in the episode: