- Kacia says when she felt like she wasn’t growing anymore and she didn’t love what she was doing, she knew she wanted to make a change in her career.
- Kacia says she started her podcast because she didn’t see a lot of female podcasters in the personal development space who were sharing in real time what they were going through in different stages in their lives. She wanted transparency on “how to human.”
- She built her business on building a community, then asking that community what they wanted from her.
- Kacia says one of her biggest pet peeves is how people create behind closed doors. People love to co-create. When making a course do constant market research! People love to help and interact. If you take that feedback into consideration, it will be so much better. If you hold it close, that doesn’t mean it’ll be perfect. Kacia found that everything she creates is with her community.
- If you are more polished, that doesn’t make you more relatable.
- People relate to people who struggle. You are less relatable if you try to be perfect.
- Who is the person that you are when you’re with your sister, significant other, best friend? How can you crank the dial to be more of this person more publicly?
- “I have yet to have someone who’s living a life that I want to be living, doing the thing that I want to do, that’s going to give me negative feedback.” Kacia says the people who are giving people negative feedback are people who aren’t putting themselves out there. So don’t worry what those people say.
- Don’t get too high on the highs, or too low on the lows. Kacia’s advice for not caring what people think is not letting the people who don’t know you sway your perception of yourself. She shares the quote by John C. Maxwell, “Success to me is when the people that know me the best love me the most.”
- Having boundaries for yourself is so important: protect your energy! If you spend hours letting negative comments get to you, it will drain you and take away from time you can actually build yourself, your business, and do things you love.
- Kacia says a big lesson she learned was that not all people are motivated the same way. It allowed her to become obsessed with personal growth and those differences in people. That problem ended up being something that really helped her be able to connect with people on a different level.
- “Crank up the volume on being more me.” “No one connects with lukewarm.” These quotes from Kacia are so good. You don’t have to be liked by everyone. Be MORE YOU.
- Become the person who can handle the goal. She talks about how she’s not ready yet for 1M /mo listeners on her podcast yet. You need the space between where you are and where you need to go. You need that growth to happen!
- “If everything was easy, we’ll never get to feel proud!” You want to set goals and be proud of yourself when you accomplish them! But it takes the journey to actually appreciate the victory.
- There is full contrast of being a human. Highs and lows, hard moments and easy moments, disappointments and victories. Lean into all of them. They all have a season.
- Think about the thing you want to work the most on, and listen to books on that topic!
- To Kacia, making an impact means being transparent about the process and unapologetic about the pursuit.
- (1:39) A little more about Kacia.
- (3:25) Kacia’s pivot moment.
- (5:22) How Kacia knew her podcast was going to be her thing.
- (7:10) The power of hanging out with people who push you to grow.
- (8:40) Kacia’s course to help women start a podcast.
- (9:49) How Kacia gets feedback from her community.
- (11:45) How can you become more authentic?
- (14:28) How to care less about what other people think.
- (17:40) Having boundaries for yourself: protect your energy.
- (18:07) One of the biggest lessons Kacia’s learned.
- (19:50) Be YOU…there’s power and freedom in that.
- (20:27) Don’t be so focused on the goal that you forget to enjoy the journey.
- (21:10) Be clear on what you want and the perspective of where you’re at right now.
- (22:48) Mental roadblocks Kacia has experienced.
- (23:52) Being proud of yourself takes hard work.
- (26:48) Some of Kacia’s favorite books.
- (27:10) Picking books that fit the situation you’re in.
- (28:32) What does it mean to Kacia to make an impact?
- (29:10) Where to connect with Kacia.
“As soon as I intuitively knew, that’s when I decided to ask myself better questions.”
“Better questions give you better answers.”
“If you are more polished, that doesn’t make you more relatable.”
“I’m a testimony of what’s possible for other people of how they can be fully expressed versions of themselves.”
“I have yet to have someone who’s living a life that I want to be living, doing the thing that I want to do, that’s going to give me negative feedback.”
“Success to me is when the people that know me the best love me the most.” -John C. Maxwell
“Crank up the volume on being more me.”
“No one connects with lukewarm.”
“If everything was easy, we’d never get to feel proud.”
Connect with Kacia: