- Luisa says that she didn’t know exactly what she wanted her business to be when she first became an entrepreneur…and THAT’S OKAY! She talks about how it was through those failures and different avenues that she found what she really wanted her industry to be. If you don’t know exactly who you want to serve yet, just know that it’s okay to not know, and it’s okay to switch lanes.
- She says that before she knew her packages or pricing, she had a client who wanted to hire her because of all the value she was already providing. I try to teach this as often as I can–take MESSY ACTION. It’s normal to not have everything set up before you launch. Just do it, and you will figure it out along the way!
- One major thing Luisa said she did was try to get clients from Facebook groups. She said this was before she set up a fancy website or landing page. She just showed up and put herself out there in front of these people in different Facebook groups, and it grew and grew.
- Luisa asked herself what would make HER want to sign up for a challenge, and she came up with the idea of adding points to each prompt, making it a competition in a sense–with different prizes (1st prize being a free seat in her program, raffle for 10 hours with a VA, etc.).
- She talks about why she does 10 day challenges and the main reason is that since she now sells programs with way more information that are more intensive, she wants the challenge to set them up for this–and felt it was too much to offer in only 5 days of a challenge. She found 10 days is the perfect amount of time to get that info out, and really connect with the people who could become her new clients.
- Luisa’s biggest piece of advice is to just start. Don’t stress those small details. Don’t wait to start talking to people and getting clients. SELL before you are ready. Don’t wait months to get everything together THEN start selling, take messy action and start today.
- If you’re trying to scale to 7 figures, Luisa’s biggest piece of advice is to focus on one system to sell, and really optimize that. If you can rely mainly on one system, you can focus your energy to that. Deliver something amazing that you believe in, increase your leads, get testimonials, and optimize!
- (1:50) A little more about Luisa.
- (2:44) How long did it take Luisa to replace her 6 figure salary?
- (3:22) What were some of Luisa’s failures before she found success?
- (6:20) How she got her first client from a Facebook group before she even had her prices set–and how she did it.
- (9:35) How she transitioned from day job to full time entrepreneur.
- (10:22) Why she gave up the business she grew to 6 figure business.
- (11:36) Launch strategies–how Luisa consistently does $800,000 per launch.
- (16:13) What Luisa made in her first ever launch.
- (17:51) How the point system works in her challenge.
- (18:36) Why she now does 10 day challenges.
- (21:37) Mistakes Luisa has made in past challenges.
- (24:09) What fears did Luisa have when she started out as an entrepreneur?
- (28:17) How Luisa changed her mindset about money?
- (31:07) Repetition is the mother of skill.
- (32:29) Luisa’s advice for people starting out.
- (34:40) Luisa’s advice for someone aspiring to scale to 7 figures.
- (37:21) What does it mean to Luisa to make an impact?
- (38:37) Where you can connect with Luisa.
“I was failing for about 3-4 years before it all came together.”
“Do you have another business inside of you?”
“When you’re putting yourself out there, trying to show up and give amazing value, amazing things happen.”
“How do you help people get results in 10 minutes, 15 minutes a day?”
“People want to know that you’re a real human being that they can relate to.”
“Repetition is the mother of skill.”
“Start with one.”
Connect with Luisa Zhou:
Books Recommended in the Episode: