*This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link on this blog. I would never recommend a product I don’t use or love myself!
On today’s episode, I’m interviewing Sara Dann, a business mentor for female entrepreneurs. Her mission is to help women all over the world make money and live their happiest lives, by doing what they love. She uses a coaching method that can be described as “strategy with soul” to help her clients know what they want, and get what they want. We talk all things building a wildly successful business. There are some MAJOR truth bombs, so take some notes, and ENJOY!!
- Sara talks about how scary it was to give her 2 week notice for her 9-5 job. But she says she knew she wanted to help women, and the value that she could add was beyond that fear.
- She says that once your safety net disappears, that when we make things happen. SO TRUE!
- There is s much anxiety about money in entrepreneurship. Sara shares that unless you let that anxiety go, you won’t find success. Once you do let that money-hungry mentality go, you will feel so much better. Have FUN in your business.
- Ask yourself how you can make your business more FUN! For Sara, a part of this was being 100% yourself. Being the you that would go out for drinks, versus this timid version of yourself.
- Discipline = Freedom. SO GOOD! If you have things (1, 3, or 5) that you discipline yourself to accomplish EVERY DAY, you will soar in your business. But you have to be consistent.
- Sara said she had to learn to trust herself. Sometimes in a new business, you get so focused on success, that you loose sight of the fun and exciting parts of your business.
- Invest in your business. It’s the number 1 tip for success. It takes that investment to succeed.
- As entrepreneurs, you need to know that no one is in charge except you. It’s up to YOU to create the dream you want to achieve.
- (1:31) A little more about Sara Dann.
- (2:07) Sara’s story of how she became an entrepreneur.
- (4:54) Pivotal moments in Sara’s life that led her to success.
- (6:14) “Doing what feels good” in your business.
- (7:18) How to have more FUN in your business- and why this is so important.
- (9:44) How Sara monetizes her business: her successful business model.
- (13:02) The NON-NEGOTIABLES of your business.
- (14:50) How Sara markets her Facebook group.
- (17:42) What are some ways you can UP-LEVEL in 2019?
- (21:56) The biggest mindset shifts Sara had that led her to success.
- (24:31) The best book Sara’s ever read.
- (25:10) What does it mean for Sara to make an impact?
- (26:21) What’s next for Sara?
- (26:48) Where can you connect with Sara?
- (27:02) Last words of wisdom for today’s episode: You can do it.
“When you safety net disappears, thats when you make things happen”
“Entrepreneurship is like jumping off a cliff, and building a plane on the way down”
“Don’t think your way to confidence”
“Discipline = Freedom”
“The transformation is in the transaction”
“You’ll figure out a way to make it happen if it’s important to you”
“If I want what I want, it’s up to me to get it, and if I don’t get it, it’s no ones fault but my own.”
Watch Full Interview:
Thanks so much for Listening! Comment below with your #1 takeaway!
To help out our show I would love it if you subscribed and leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help the show and I read every single one!
Listen to Episode 41 (First Steps on Starting a Business, and How to Take it to the Next Level with Helen Munshi)
Listen to Episode 42 (How To Get In Front of MORE People and Build An Influential Online Brand with Erika Ashley)
Listen to Episode 43 (Talking Money Mindset with Intuitive Business Coach Emily Aarons)
Listen to Episode 44 (Uncovering the Next Evolution of Your Brand Message with Adria Decorte)
Ready to take your biz to the next level? Get free instant access to my online vault of videos, worksheets, and more for female entrepreneurs!
Entrepreneur, Author, Pinterest Strategist
“Life is a gift, and it offers us the privilege, opportunity, and responsibility to give something back by becoming more.” Tony Robbins