Thembi Bheka is the founder of She Breaks Thru. She believes in helping women reignite their passion, gain more clarity, and reconnect with their bigger purpose. Thembi is heavily involved in empowering women in Africa. As a result, she trains African women to work online as virtual assistants. She is on a mission to empower 1 million women by 2025, so money is never a reason a woman is stuck in an abusive relationship.
Thembi was voted the Launch Club (Jeff Walker’s community) Spokesperson for the year by 1000 entrepreneurs. When Thembi isn’t busy helping women reconnect with their passion and grow their businesses, she enjoys spending time with her two children and traveling on road trips. She also is a volunteer with Kelowna Community Resources- a government organization that helps new immigrants settle in Canada. Thembi lives between beautiful Kelowna, Canada, and Bulawayo, Zimbabwe.
- Thembi said that what really inspired her was hearing a story of a woman who took her own life because she was so fed up with trading her body for money. It broke her heart- and gave Thembi that inspiration that she really wanted to help women know their worth in this world- and that sparked her mission to train women, to give them jobs and a passion for life- and to be emotionally ready for that change.
- Let’s talk about being humbled. Thembi says going to Zimbabwe inspired her. These women she’s worked with has an average salary is $50 a month. They don’t have hot showers, they don’t have hardly any of the simple things we take for granted. Thembi says that in North America, the excuses people make a change is through the roof. The women in Zimbabwe invest $100 US dollars (2 months salary) to change their situation by taking her course.
- Mindset is just as hard to learn as a new skillset. Thembi says that when she was starting her training, she was mentally exhausted. When she was teaching these women, some of them had never ever used a laptop before.
- Thembi says she was so stuck in the “go to work” mindset. She said she had so many excuses- but when she really believed it was possible for herself, she made it happen.
- You can change one person who can change the world. The ripple effect of changing someone’s life, Thembi says, is the key to changing the word. One person who’s life you changed, can go on to inspire millions too.
- (2:01) A little more about Thembi.
- (2:33) What inspired her to go back to Zimbabwe.
- (3:51) What her business is- and how it came to be.
- (6:22) How Thembi took MESSY action and just STARTED.
- (12:19) Sourcing laptops, and how Thembi manages to ship these laptops to her clients.
- (13:25) How Thembi started her business, training every single day: Skills AND Mindset
- (16:58) How she finds clients for these women.
- (17:41) Some main challenges Thembi sees as she grows her business.
- (22:25) What’s the best book she’s read?
- (23:42) What does it mean to Thumb to make an impact?
- (25:03) Where to connect with Thembi.
“Just get over your excuses”
“You can change one person who’s going to change the world”
Connect with Thembi:
Donate Your Old Laptop: email firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Resources Talked About In The Episode: